Holy Trinity School is a Church of Ireland school. Its values are based on the
example and teachings of Jesus as understood by that Church.
• Pupils are valued and respected for who they are, including but not limited to issues of religion, gender, race, social background, family circumstances, educational achievement, physical characteristics or intellectual functioning.
• Pupils are treated encouragingly and fairly, and experience a sense of caring
and belonging. The safety of each child is of first importance.
• Honesty, truthfulness, justice, fairness, sensitivity to others and civic
responsibility are nurtured and protected.
• Spiritual, moral, and religious development, along with intellectual, social and academic development, are encouraged.
• The traditions and teachings of the Church of Ireland inform the position taken
in regard to moral issues which arise in the teaching of secular subjects.
• Prayer and Religious Education in the school are so conducted as to protect
and nurture responsible freedom of thought and personal relationship with
• Religious Education is a core subject and happens at specified times in the school timetable.
• When space allows, enrolment and welcome are extended not only to Church of Ireland children but to children of any Christian denomination, of any other religion, and of none. The life and work of the school happens in an atmosphere of tolerance and respect for religious difference.
• As the School is part of the local Church of Ireland parish, the Rector of Holy Trinity parish visits the school from time to time.
• Pupils and their families are encouraged to nourish their lives by regular prayer or its several equivalents, and by attending the parish church or the places of worship or of encouragement of their own choice. All are invited to support and share in a Children’s Service in Holy Trinity Church each term.
• The school respects and affirms the role of the children’s parents as the primary educators of their children. The school requests and needs their support for the objectives and work of the school.
next review 2020